step one. What exactly is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
2. What are the sources with the advice stored regarding NSLDS database? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guaranty Firms, getting details about the brand new Government Friends Student loan System (FFELP)
- Institution regarding Education loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Agencies from Knowledge Commercial collection agency Properties (DCS), to possess information on defaulted financing kept because of the Service away from Training
- Direct Loan Upkeep (DLS), getting details about Government Head Student education loans
- Well-known Origination and you can Disbursement (COD), having Government Grant Programs advice
- Conditional Handicap Discharge Record System (CDDTS), to have handicap financing suggestions
- Main Processing Program (CPS), having help applicant guidance
- Universities, getting information regarding Federal Perkins Mortgage Program, beginner registration and services overpayments.